Taxi Defence Scotland, the Scottish office of Taxi Defence Barristers, have secured a licence for a client whose application was opposed by Police Scotland.
Head of Taxi Defence, Stephen McCaffrey, explains:
“We were contacted by a gentleman who had submitted a first time application for a private hire licence to Renfrewshire Council. The application had been referred to the licencing sub-committee as Police Scotland had raised an objection based on an unspent conviction for soliciting prostitution. Their argument was that the gentleman might be a danger to vulnerable women who sought to pay their fare through means other than money.
We liaised with the Council prior to the committee hearing and attended with our client on the day. We offered a counter argument to the objection and are pleased to confirm that the committee were persuaded. Our client was granted his licence.”
Why instruct an expert to deal with your case?
Taxi Defence Scotland:
- can represent you before any court in Scotland and before any decision-making bodies such as licensing committees
- deals with taxi and private hire revocations, refusals, criminal matters & suspensions
- are legal experts specialising in specific areas of law such as licensing law
- offer independent and objective legal advice
- are skilled in professional advocacy